Sunday, November 30, 2008

Moth to a Flame

You are fluttering and flitting
Drifting
Rising and falling
Innocence
Towards the flickering light
You
Winged on the night
Embrace the darkness
Yet hunger for the light
Closer and closer you circle
To the tantalizing flame
Like passion
This obsession
Calls your simple name
You will have your desire
This fire
But be fearful of what you seek
For death does not respect
The innocent or the meek
You have no care
No worries to bear
Simply living out your whim
And like the fire
You are so drawn to him
But like the static creates the spark
He will break your heart
You will ignite into flame
And be then eaten
By the dark

1 comment:

Luna said...

Wow !!
Derek..flickering..floating.. across the night sky I am a moth looking for light...
I will not die..
I fear nothing...
I create everything I see..
I love your words they take me such wonderful places..